Comment on page
August 10th, 2023
Rango Exchange (hereinafter the "Company" or “The Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”) would like to inform you of the way personal data is processed and collected when using Rango Exchange Services (DApp, API, SDK, Smart Contracts, Widget and other third-party integrations, collectively “Services”, “The Services” or “Our Services”). The same might apply if you use our Services on third-party websites or apps.
We are determined to protect the privacy of our users and protection of your personal data and privacy are among our top priorities.
- 1.Collecting data and its purpose:
The Company collects your data for specific purposes, each of which is duly authorized by a valid legal basis. The information the Company collects:
- IP address, cookie identifiers, domain server, data related to usage, performance, site security, traffic patterns, location information, browser and device information, referring/exit pages, operating system and browser language. This is only when you use our Services on our products and/or other Websites or Apps which use the Company's infrastructure.
- Public data: the data that is available to the public, including but not limited to transactions on blockchains, wallet addresses and signed messages. Note that blockchain addresses and transaction info are public data that are not created by us or any other central party, and are not considered personally identifying.
- 2.Here's how and why we use your Personal Information
Your Personal Information listed above may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing and personalizing the Services to enhance our product user experience.
- Our internal and operational purposes, when: ensuring security, identifying irregular website behavior, preventing fraudulent activity and improving security at all possible levels;
- Assessing and improving the performance of the services we provide through our Site and/or infrastructure;
- Analyzing the services we provide through our Site and/or App, including via Google Analytics, Hotjar and other analytics tools.
- 3.Information that is not collected in any case
- We will NEVER ask you for your private keys, mnemonic phrase, wallet seed or any other personal information. Never provide your private keys or wallet seed to anyone or any website/form, and do not store it anywhere accessible by anyone other than you.
- We will never contact you on any social media, messenger or other platform, asking you for personal information and/or your wallet information. You shall not send/submit these data on any website/form/email: Your wallet info, private keys, mnemonic phrase, seed phrase or any other private/personal information.
- 4.Data recipients
- It may be necessary for the Company to share your Personal Data with third-party service providers that the Company uses to provide the service to you. These third-party services and providers might use your personal data with the purpose of performing their function as a service provider. The shared data with third parties will never include your personal data / sensitive information.
- Furthermore, as the case may be, the Company shares your Personal Data with competent courts and any other governmental and/or public authorities requesting access to your Personal Data, to the extent legally permitted.
- Furthermore, per the request of a court, legal investigation or any legal or governmental authority, the Company shares the collected data with the requesting entity on a need to know basis and in order to fulfill its duty and legal compliance.
- The company may not be able to guarantee that the recipients of your Personal Information will maintain the privacy or security of such Personal Information if we are required to disclose any of your Personal Information in order to comply with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials.
- Blockchains are transparent and decentralized and as an obvious result of using blockchains, your data such as transactions are stored on the blockchain and are public to anyone and therefore any third-party can access such data.
- 5.Storage period
Based on our analysis of how long the specific data is reasonably required for legal or business purposes, we may maintain a Data Retention Policy detailing the retention period for Personal Information. Personal Information is securely destroyed or deleted when it is no longer required. Aggregated data, which cannot identify a device/browser (or individual) and is used for purposes of reporting and analysis, is maintained for as long as is commercially necessary.
Business and legal requirements may require us to retain certain information for an extended period of time, for specific purposes. Reasons we might retain some data for longer periods of time include:
- Security, fraud & abuse prevention.
- Financial record-keeping.
- Complying with legal or regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring the continuity of our services at our Site and/or App.
- 7.Data transfer
- In some cases, personal data may be processed outside of the European Union. In that situation, the Company shall take all necessary precautions and alternatively or cumulatively ensure that an adequacy decision has been taken by the European Commission regarding the country of destination; that contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission or the supervisory authority have been signed with the recipient; and that the recipient adheres to a code of conduct or certification mechanism that has been approved by the European Commission.
- 8.The rights of the user
- As a data subject, you have a variety of rights regarding your Personal Data. These are as follows: - Right to request from the Company access to and rectify or erasure of your Personal Data; - Right to request from Company to stop processing your data; - Right to object to processing of your Personal Data; - Right to portability of your Personal Data;
- To protect your personal data as well as the personal data of other users, we might require you to verify your identity before we take action based on your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we might decline your request.
- After receiving a request, the Company will endeavor to respond to your request without undue delay, and at the latest within four weeks of receiving the request. Depending on the complexity of the request, the company may extend this period to an additional twelve weeks.
- Your Personal Data will be protected by the Company and in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations.
- 8.Cookies A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer by websites that you visit. It is widely used to make websites work, or to make them function more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the site's owners. Cookies are typically stored on the hard drive of your computer. In order to evaluate the effectiveness of our Site and/or App, we collect information from cookies. As a result of the information collected from cookies, we are able to determine the most popular sections of the Site and/or App, as well as the difficulties our visitors may have accessing them. Using this information, we can enhance your experience on the Site and/or App by identifying and providing more of the most requested features and information, as well as by resolving accessibility issues.
- You are informed that information may be transmitted to Your browser or Equipment by the Service (“Cookies”). When You browse the Service for the first time, you may see a Cookie banner requesting You to accept, refuse or configure Cookies.
- You have control over your cookies to accept, reject or remove Cookies.
- The refusal of certain Cookies may affect the delivery of the Service provided and navigation on the Website.
It is possible for our users to set which cookies are stored and to delete cookies in most browsers. In some circumstances, restricting the storage of cookies to certain websites or disallowing third-party cookies may render our website inoperable. The following steps will guide you through customizing cookie settings in the most common browsers: Google ; Mozilla Firefox ; Safari ; Edge and Opera.